Normally, visitors stay in hotels because they want all of the hotel services or perhaps they want to stay just a few nights or have bought a package holiday which includes a flight, transfer and hotel. In Phuket, with a little planning, your rental accommodation can provide many of the hotel services you require and there are some properties that, for a premium, will offer very short term lets.
Renting a holiday villa or apartment in Phuket is cost effective, particularly for larger groups where ordinarily you would need to book multiple hotel rooms. The advantages of renting a property versus staying in a hotel are not simply financial. Some of the other advantages are:
- Privacy. With your own rental property you can choose whether you eat in or out, or entertain friends at your accommodation, and you have the freedom to decide which maid services you require.
- Space. If there is a larger group of you on holiday, it is fantastic to have your own space where you can all eat, play games, plan your days or simply watch TV together.
- If you have young children, you are relying on expensive hotel babysitting services to enable you even to have dinner at the hotel. Many people do not feel comfortable leaving young children in a hotel room with just a baby listening service. In a villa or your own apartment, you can use local babysitting services to stay in the property with your child.
- For the same money, you often get a much more luxurious property.
- Your own chef rather than accessing a hotel restaurant, your own driver rather than the taxi rank outside the hotel – don’t these sound more appealing?
Another reason why many people rent is to ‘try out’ the property before making a decision whether to purchase.
At CBRE Thailand, we seek to help ensure your rental property matches your Phuket dreams.